If You Have Bought Tools for Work, You May Be Eligible To Apply For A Tax Rebate.​

Tool Tax Refund Explained

Have you bought Tools for your job in the last 4 years?

If your employer has not paid you back for the cost or maintenance of you Trade Tools then you may be due a Tool Tax Rebate

A simple way to find out if you are entitled to a Tool tax refund is to make use of our free tax calculator.

How much refund am I entitled to?

There are 2 ways to get refunds
1. If you have receipts then Capital Allowance Rebate
2.If you don`t have Reciepts the Flat Rate Expense (FRE) Rebate

For Capital Allowance Rebate you will receive Full Rebate for the receipts of your purchases upto a maximum of £2500 , anything above that would have to claimed via a self assessment claim

Without receipts you will normally receive a set amount of £24 per annum for the last 4 years if you have been working that long.

How Do You Submit A Claim For Tax Rebate?

This is where the team at Tax-Rebate helps you. We have worked in this sector for many years and reclaimed tax for countless employees just like you. 

We have made the process extremely straightforward. You may make use of our online tax calculator to find out how much of a refund you are entitled to. 

Once you have done this and are keen to use our services, you may go on to complete the form on our website. 

The form asks you for some personal details and the name of your employer, the sector you work in and your job role. You then sign the form and we do the rest. It really is that simple.

Our experienced team will then review your details and liaise with HMRC directly. Within a few weeks, you will be receiving a cheque of the tax rebate in the post, without any further steps required from yourself.    

Our Other Services

You may also be entitled to refund if your are married (Marriage Allowance Tax Reclaim), if you use your own tools (Tool Allowances Tax Rebates), PPI Interest Rebate , if you drive your own vehicle in the course employment (Mileage Allowance Tax Refund), Magazine / Professional Bodies subscription allowances tax refundor if you are a member of a union (Subscription Fees Tax Refund).

Should you have any queries, as to whether you are entitled to any of the above tax claims, you may use our calculator, or submit a query to our email, where a member of our team will be more than happy to advise you.

Scroll to Top