What is Uniform Tax Rebate



Have you been doing a job in uniform over the last four years ? If YES ! Here is good news for you.

If you are an employee who wears a uniform or a protective gear, you are eligible to apply for a tax relief up to £220 from HMRC . No need for receipts and historical data.

This tax rebate is available  for any employee over  the last  four years who has worn a particular uniform(even if it is a T-shirt with a logo)  that had to be cleaned and maintained.

Each occupation has  a different specific rebate value per annum , which can be seen by using  the online calculator.

Besides uniform tax rebate there are other  additional expenditures which HMRC allows tax relief on

  1. Price of any equipment/tools you bought related to your job useful for Mechanics / Domestic Engineers / Electricians etc
  2. Subscription / Professional  Fees paid to a professional organization like HCPC, NMC and Unison etc useful for Teachers 
  3. Union Membership Fees 

Who can apply:                 

These are some professions  which we regularly  assist in obtaining Tax Rebates

Cabin crew


Fast Food

Couriers / Post Office 

Police officers

The tax claim process is very simple. Just complete the online form , we will do all the rest with HMRC.

Normally it takes 6/8 weeks for HMRC to issue refund cheques , we will keep you updated during the claims process.

What is Mileage Allowance

                    Mileage Tax Rebate 

There is a huge possibility that you are not getting the right mileage allowance or may not know that you are eligible for it.

Don’t worry here is a simple guide for you.  

Using your own vehicle for work

If you use your own vehicle or vehicles for work, you may be able to claim tax relief on the approved mileage rate. This covers the cost of owning and running your vehicle. You cannot claim separately for things like:

  • fuel
  • electricity
  • road tax
  • MOTs
  • repairs

To work out how much you can claim for each tax year you’ll need to:

  • keep records of the dates and mileage or your work journeys
  • add up the mileage for each vehicle type you’ve used for work
  • take away any amount your employer pays you towards your costs, (sometimes called a ‘mileage allowance’)

Approved mileage rates

Vehicle typeFirst 10,000 business miles in the tax yearEach business mile over 10,000 in the tax year
Cars and vans45p25p

Using a company car for business

You can claim tax relief on the money you’ve spent on fuel and electricity, for business trips in your company car. Keep records to show the actual cost of the fuel.

If your employer reimburses some of the money, you can claim relief on the difference.

HMRC allows you to claim 45p per mile for the first 10,000 miles and 25p for over 10,000 miles for your fuel and other vehicle expenses.  

Business mileage

Traveling to visit worksites and meet clients from home for your job purposes is covered  under the business mileage.

You can claim within 4 years after the end of tax year. However, travelling from home to your permanent workplace is not eligible.

 Already getting paid by your employer ? Check your right mileage allowance as per HMRC tax relief by using our tax refund calculator.   

Don’t worry about the tax claim process. .

Just answer a few basic questions and leave the rest to us.

The whole process can take upto 6-8 weeks. However, we will keep you updated all the time. 

Marriage Allowance Explained

Marriage Allowance lets you transfer £1,250 of your Personal Allowance to your husband, wife or civil partner.

This reduces their tax by up to £250 in the tax year (6 April to 5 April the next year).

To benefit as a couple, you (as the lower earner) must normally have an income below your Personal Allowance – this is usually £12,500.

You can calculate how much tax you could save as a couple. You can still claim if you receive other income such as dividends, savings or benefits from your job. You can also claim if you don’t know what your taxable income is.

When you transfer some of your Personal Allowance to your husband, wife or civil partner you might have to pay more tax yourself, but you could still pay less as a couple.

Who can apply

You can benefit from Marriage Allowance if all the following apply:

  • you’re married or in a civil partnership
  • you do not pay Income Tax or your income is below your Personal Allowance (usually £12,500)
  • your partner pays Income Tax at the basic rate, which usually means their income is between £12,501 and £50,000 before they receive Marriage Allowance

You cannot claim Marriage Allowance if you’re living together but you’re not married or in a civil partnership.